By Alan Farmer
Endorsed for Edexcel.
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and validated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review requisites of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and assistance for every correct specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
Edexcel: The British event of battle c.1790-1918
Read Online or Download Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
The better half to modern Black British tradition is the 1st complete reference ebook to supply multidisciplinary assurance of the sector of black cultural creation in Britain. The e-book is of specific worth simply because regardless of attracting growing to be educational curiosity lately, this box remains to be frequently topic to serious and institutional forget.
On December thirteen, 1937, jap troops captured China’s former capital, Nanjing. The occasions that grew to become referred to as the Rape of Nanking, or the Nanjing bloodbath, which, with its importance and brutality, stunned the civilized international. Mass executions, rampant raping, wholesale looting, and frequent burning went on for weeks.
John Bannerman (1932–2008) observed the historical past of Scotland from a Gaelic point of view, and his amazing scholarship made that viewpoint very unlikely to disregard. As a historian, his normal domestic used to be the period among the Romans and the 12th century while the Scottish state first started to take form, yet he additionally wrote largely at the MacDonald Lordship of the Isles within the fourteenth and 15th centuries, whereas his paintings at the Beatons, the impressive Gaelic clinical kindred, reached into the early eighteenth century.
Roger North is understood this present day as a biographer and author on song, structure and property administration. but his writings, together with millions of pages nonetheless in manuscript, additionally comprise severe reflections approximately highbrow and social alterations happening in England. this selection is little recognized, simply because North's popularity as an writer used to be shaped among 1740 and 1890, whilst seven of his manuscripts have been released in variants that greatly altered his unique texts, and while the reception of those works was once encouraged via 'Whig' feedback.
- Persuading John Bull: Union and Confederate Propaganda in Britain, 1860–65
- MI6 and the Machinery of Spying: Structure and Process in Britain's Secret Intelligence (Studies in Intelligence)
- James I (Lancaster Pamphlets)
- Loyalists and Redcoats: A Study in British Revolutionary Policy (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Opium and Empire in Southeast Asia: Regulating Consumption in British Burma (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- Whores and Highwaymen: Crime and Justice in the Eighteenth-Century Metropolis
Additional resources for Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition
Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition by Alan Farmer