By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for various classes including:
- AQA: Wars and Welfare: Britain in Transition, 1906-1957
- OCR: Britain 1900-1951
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition PDF
Similar uk history books
The spouse to modern Black British tradition is the 1st accomplished reference booklet to supply multidisciplinary insurance of the sector of black cultural creation in Britain. The booklet is of specific worth simply because regardless of attracting starting to be educational curiosity lately, this box remains to be usually topic to severe and institutional overlook.
On December thirteen, 1937, eastern troops captured China’s former capital, Nanjing. The occasions that grew to become referred to as the Rape of Nanking, or the Nanjing bloodbath, which, with its value and brutality, stunned the civilized international. Mass executions, rampant raping, wholesale looting, and frequent burning went on for weeks.
John Bannerman (1932–2008) observed the historical past of Scotland from a Gaelic viewpoint, and his amazing scholarship made that viewpoint most unlikely to disregard. As a historian, his average domestic was once the period among the Romans and the 12th century whilst the Scottish country first started to take form, yet he additionally wrote greatly at the MacDonald Lordship of the Isles within the fourteenth and 15th centuries, whereas his paintings at the Beatons, the amazing Gaelic clinical kindred, reached into the early eighteenth century.
Roger North is understood this day as a biographer and author on song, structure and property administration. but his writings, together with millions of pages nonetheless in manuscript, additionally include serious reflections approximately highbrow and social alterations occurring in England. this option is little acknowledged, simply because North's acceptance as an writer used to be shaped among 1740 and 1890, while seven of his manuscripts have been released in versions that vastly altered his unique texts, and whilst the reception of those works was once prompted via 'Whig' feedback.
- How We Lived Then: History of Everyday Life During the Second World War, A
- The Nitrate King: A Biography of “Colonel” John Thomas North (Studies of the Americas)
- The Story of Sheffield at War
- England under the Norman and Angevin Kings: 1075-1225 (New Oxford History of England)
- Frome in the Great War
Additional resources for Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition by Michael Lynch