By Alexander Polishchuk
Read or Download Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics) PDF
Best number theory books
An resourceful advent to quantity conception, this new angle employs a couple of fictional characters, Ant and Gnam. Ant leads Gnam via various theories, and jointly, they positioned the theories into action—applying linear diophantine equations to soccer scoring, utilizing a black-magic machine to simplify difficulties in modular constructions, and constructing exciting variations to the principles of chess.
This e-book provides a self- contained remedy of linear algebra with a lot of its most crucial purposes. it's very strange if now not certain in being an straight forward publication which doesn't overlook arbitrary fields of scalars and the proofs of the theorems. it will likely be beneficial for starting scholars and likewise as a reference for graduate scholars and others who want a simple to learn rationalization of the $64000 theorems of this topic.
Now in its 3rd decade, the Colorado Mathematical Olympiad (CMO), based by means of the writer, has turn into an annual state-wide pageant, webhosting many thousands of center and highschool contestants every year. This e-book offers a year-by-year historical past of the CMO from 2004–2013 with all of the difficulties from the competitions and their recommendations.
Peter L. Montgomery has made major contributions to computational quantity concept, introducing many uncomplicated instruments comparable to Montgomery multiplication, Montgomery simultaneous inversion, Montgomery curves, and the Montgomery ladder. This publication gains cutting-edge examine in computational quantity conception regarding Montgomery's paintings and its impression on computational potency and cryptography.
- Probabilistic Diophantine Approximation: Randomness in Lattice Point Counting (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- The Classical Fields: Structural Features of the Real and Rational Numbers (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Geometric Methods in Algebra and Number Theory: 235 (Progress in Mathematics)
- New Numerical Methods: The Rational Mean
- Computational Aspects of Modular Forms and Galois Representations: How One Can Compute in Polynomial Time the Value of Ramanujan's Tau at a Prime (AM-176) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
Extra info for Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics)
Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics) by Alexander Polishchuk